Pages

Monday, November 05, 2012

Help me kindle my Kindle launch, and get a free book

The Prince Charming Hoax Cover
Purchase on Kindle

Prince Charming has arrived! And as a valued reader, you are the first to know! 

The official launch date (to be announced with much fanfare) is Monday, November 12. But, you can get a pre-launch copy now by clicking on the "Price Charming" link in the first sentence of this post or below the book cover at right.

You may be wondering why I don't just go full out and tell everyone the great news right now. When you go to the Kindle page, you'll see the book looks kind of lonely. Although some faithful readers have purchased copies and liked the page, there are no reviews yet. If you didn't know me, you probably wouldn't be inclined to purchase a copy. So, that's why I'm not ready to send new readers there quite yet!

How you can participate in my "soft" launch and help "kindle" the fire for the official launch on November 12. 
I want to the page to look more trafficked, so please:
  • Visit my Kindle page and click "Like" under the book title.
  • Visit my author page and click "Like"
  • Purchase or borrow a copy of the ebook (Kindle owners can "borrow" the book for free)
  • If you like the book, write a review on Amazon after you've read the book
  • Recommend and share the book with others 
*Special Incentive: Get a free copy of the print book when it becomes available in December!*
Help me find typos and errors! I did everything I recommend to others to eliminate as many errors as I could. Six beta readers and my book designer read the copy and alerted me to mistakes. I read the final at least five times and one time aloud. Every pass I took, I still found a word missing or a typo somewhere. But, at some point you just have to say, "it's good to go," or you'll never publish the book, so I sent the final manuscript to the ebook formatter. 

Wouldn't you know, I've already found one mistake in the Kindle ebook. I'm guessing there may be more, and I want to find and fix them in the print edition, which will be available in December. Once I feel that all the errors have been discovered, I'll resubmit a corrected ebook file to Kindle as well.

So, here's the deal: If you read the ebook and find an error (or more), send me an email with the chapter number and the line with the error. Include your mailing address. I will send you a free copy of the print book when it's published. (You pay only shipping fee of $4.95)
How else can you help me launch my book?
  • Sign up to get email notification of my blog posts at my blog (Be sure to enter your email address under the heading that reads, "Subscribe to blog via email.")
  • Share my blog posts on Facebook and Twitter (there's handy little "share" buttons at the end of each post)
  • Inform me of any women's book/reading groups that you think may be interested in a fun, sexy, erotic story of women's empowerment. (My target group is Boomer women.) 
  • Host me on your blog (I provide the post) or do a blog interview with me
  • Recommend leads for radio shows, bloggers, online media, etc. that I can contact about the book
  • Email me with any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding how you can help with the launch
How will helping me benefit you?
I'm sharing (via my blog) the step-by-steps of my launch and promotion activity for the 90 days on KDP Select. Some of the things you can learn include:

  • How to prepare and upload your ebook to Kindle
  • Pricing considerations
  • Marketing strategies
  • Promotional tools and resources
  • Social media promotion
If you are a reader or subscriber, feel free to contact me via email, Facebook, or Twitter with any questions you have about launching your book ;-)

To Your Publishing Success!

My best,


No comments:

Post a Comment