Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Should I self-publish my book?

I regularly receive many questions about self-publishing, but the question posed to the publishing panel in my June 5 Wordy Woman Publishing Success newsletter article seemed to ignite a rash of responses.

I can't say I'm surprised. I read three daily online publishing ezines, two weekly writer's ezines, daily blogs and three monthly writers' magazines and most of what is written about self-publishing is often wrong or, at best, misleading. No wonder writers are confused about what to do.

Your questions (and confusion) have prompted me to take action. In upcoming weeks, I will be focusing on self-publishing on this blog and in my newsletter. If you have specific questions you'd like to see addressed, please email me or leave a comment here. I will post a Q&A for everyone's benefit.. .

Much of the information I see touted as "truth" is based on myth. Now I am a big fan of ancient mythology as far as literature, but I like my nonfiction based on reality. Before you move forward based on widely held opinions spouted on the Internet, think about the fate of the great ancient Greek and Roman civilizations, which were rooted in mythology.

If you prefer a happy ending for your hard work, stay tuned. Upcoming posts will be about exposing some of the most commonly held myths about self-publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment